St. Francis Memorial Hospital is offering positions for those interested in making a difference in health care delivery within a rural setting. This small rural, fully accredited hospital offers both medical and complex continuing in-patient care, emergency care and a full range of diagnostic and clinical services.
Hours: Shift work (weekends, evenings and call in relief) required
Apply in writing to Kim Stewart at email@example.com before noon on June 24th, 2021
Renfrew Victoria Hospital (RVH) and St. Francis Memorial Hospital (SFMH) are progressive leaders in the delivery of rural health care. We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis as the Director, Pharmacy Services for both sites.
In this role, reporting to the Director, Patient Care Services of SFMH and the Vice President of Corporate Services of RVH, you will be responsible for the overall function and service of the hospital Pharmacy in alignment with the Goals and Objectives of both hospitals. You will oversee the two pharmacies and manage a team of pharmacy assistants, pharmacy technicians and pharmacists at both sites. As the Director of Pharmacy, you will provide leadership, clinical direction, and a pharmacy perspective around clinical/care management, safe medication practices, antimicrobial stewardship, accreditation preparation, quality assurance and improvement, as well as fiscal and budgetary control for the two sites. You are a ‘hands-on’ and visible leader who is regularly on the floors as well as in the pharmacy.
Preference will be given to candidates that have the following professional skills, qualifications and experience:
The Renfrew Victoria Hospital (RVH) is a fully accredited facility located just 45 minutes west of Ottawa. Part of the Renfrew and Area Health Village, our 470+ staff and physicians provide medical, surgical and complex continuing care as well as extensive ambulatory care with over 30,000 emergency and clinic visits per year. RVH also continues to be a driver in rural healthcare through its regional programs including Nephrology, Regional Assault Care, Addictions Treatment Service, Sleep Lab, Cancer Care Satellite Centre, and Diabetes education. Serving patients and families of Renfrew County and beyond, RVH has a well-deserved reputation for having one of the most supportive, positive and collegial work environments for our multidisciplinary teams, while delivering the highest quality comprehensive patient care. Named the ‘Most Welcoming Town 2017’, the Town of Renfrew provides an exceptional quality of life including a thriving business sector with unique shopping exemplified by the town’s historic buildings and specialized shops. Located in the Ottawa Valley, Ontario’s adventure playground, Renfrew is situated only minutes away from pristine waterways, woodlands and forests, with the amenities of Ottawa close at hand.
St. Francis Memorial Hospital is a 20 bed rural facility noted for its progressive programs and friendly work environment with a dedication to providing Excellence in Rural Healthcare. SFMH is also a fully accredited hospital offering both medical and complex continuing in-patient care, emergency care and a full range of diagnostic and clinical services. Located 1 hour from Renfrew Victoria Hospital, 30 minutes from Algonquin Park and 2 hours from Ottawa, the area offers exceptional natural beauty with year round recreational activities such as mountain biking, ATV’s, snowmobiling, water sports, and camping, while maintaining easy access to urban centres. The Madawaska Valley is also known for its talented Arts community and warm hospitality.
What We Offer
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes by Tuesday, July 6th, 2021 at 12:00 p.m. by applying online via our website at https://www.renfrewhosp.com/jobpostings or emailing your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing “Director, Pharmacy” in the subject line. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. RVH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources at (613) 432-4851.
· Minimum of a High School diploma and some healthcare setting related experience
· College certificate in Hospital Ward Clerk skills or equivalent experience preferred
· Excellent computer skills including MS word processing, spreadsheets, internet use and ability to easily learn program specific software
· Experience in electronic charting (EPIC) is an asset
· Ability to operate within an internal and external network computer system
· Ability to work under conditions of frequent interruption
· Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and to meet deadlines
· Excellent telephone etiquette
· Excellent interpersonal skills are essential
· Ability to work with the public effectively and courteously
· Ability to communicate effectively and to maintain good working relationship with nursing personnel, medical staff and other health care professionals
· Ability to work with accuracy and initiative
· Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple assignments simultaneously
· Ability to handle confidential/sensitive information with discretion
· Ability to adapt in a changing work environment
· Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job. The work requires occasional lifting less than 10kg. and moderate bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, reaching, walking, climbing and standing for periods.
Apply in writing to Mary-Ellen Harris, Nursing Human Resources before noon on June 22nd, 2021.
Through a new collaborative and integrated partnership with the Madawaska Valley Hospice Palliative Care, St. Francis Memorial Hospital is seeking applications for Casual Personal Support Workers (night shifts including week days and weekends).
Qualified applicants must have: current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario and well developed interpersonal and communication skills (Emergency position may require additional qualifications).